Royal Ascot 2017
Royal Ascot dates 2017
The Royal Ascot meeting in 2017 runs from Tuesday 20th June to Saturday 24th June.
|Tuesday||June 20th||Queen Anne Stakes Day|
|Wednesday||June 21st||Prince of Wales Stakes|
|Thursday||June 22nd||Gold Cup - Ladies Day|
|Friday||June 23rd||Coronation Stakes|
|Saturday||June 24th||Golden Jubilee Satkes|
Royal Ascot Ticket Types and Dress Code
Queen Anne Enclosure
The Queen Anne Enclosure (previously known as the Grandstand Enclosure) ticket at Royal Ascot provides similar access facilities to those offered throughout the year. It provides excellent facilities and viewing areas at Ground Level and Lawn Level.
Queen Anne Enclosure customers can watch the Royal Procession and the racing action from the lawns in front of the Grandstand. The Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and track are both within a short walking distance, by crossing the Concourse in the main Grandstand.
There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet - from the bookmakers in the betting ring to the totepool and betting shops in the main Grandstand. Customers in this area do not have access to the upper levels of the Grandstand. Unlike the race meetings outside of Royal Ascot, there is not the opportunity to upgrade your ticket.
Other highlights of a Queen Anne Enclosure ticket include:
- Over 1,000 free seats are available from which to view the racing
- Big Screen TVs on the Plaza Lawn
- Military Band performing in the Parade Ring before the Royal Procession each day
- Traditional sing-along around the Bandstand after racing on each day. Free song books provided
- Food outlets selling a variety of value for money cuisine options.
Queen Anne Enclosure Dress Code
A Queen Anne Enclosure Style Guide was produced for the first time in 2012 and helps to bring to life some examples of the kind of outfits that are expected at Royal Ascot.
Ladies within the main Grandstand enclosure are encouraged to dress in a manner as befits a formal occasion. Ladies are kindly asked to take particular note of the following:
- Hat, headpiece or fascinator should be worn at all times.
- Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted.
- Trousers must be full length and worn with a top that adheres to the guidelines above (i.e. strapless or sheer strap tops are not permitted)
- Midriffs must be covered.
- Shorts are not permitted.
Gentlemen are required to wear a matching suit with a shirt and tie. Sports attire, jeans and shorts are not permitted.
Children; Girls (17 or under) should be dressed for a formal occasion. Smart summer dresses are suggested. Hats, headpieces or a fascinator may be worn but are not compulsory. Boys aged (13-17) should wear a suit or jacket with a shirt and a tie. Younger boys (12 or under) should be dressed smartly but are not required to wear a jacket or tie.
With a less formal atmosphere, the Windsor Enclosure (previously known as the Silver Ring Enclosure) at Ascot still provides an excellent position to watch the racing and the Royal Procession, although you cannot access the Parade Ring or main Grandstand.
There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet to soak up the wonderful atmosphere.
Other highlights of a Windsor Enclosure ticket include:
- Over 2,000 free seats available from which to view the racing.
- Big Screen TVs.
- Live music entertainment each day.
- Lawned area with many bars and food outlets.
- You can picnic in the Windsor Enclosure
Many people picnic in the car parks before entering the racecourse and picnics are also allowed into the Windsor Enclosure admission area. Please note picnics may contain a reasonable amount of alcohol as determined by Ascot Racecourse however tables, chairs and gazebos are not permitted in the Windsor Enclosure. Ascot Racecourse reserves the right to confiscate inappropriate picnics and excessive amounts of alcohol upon entry to the racecourse.
Windsor Enclosure Dress Code
Whilst Ascot encourages race goers to wear smart clothes no formal dress code applies in the Windsor Enclosure. Please note that fancy dress, novelty and branded or promotional clothing is not allowed and bare chests are not permitted at any time.