Dates for Royal Ascot 2023
The Royal Ascot meeting in 2023 runs from Tuesday 20th June to Saturday 24th June.
|Tuesday||20th June||Queen Anne Stakes Day|
|Wednesday||21st June||Prince of Wales Stakes|
|Thursday||22nd June||Gold Cup - Ladies Day [Ticket & Package]|
|Friday||23rd June||Coronation Stakes [Ticket & Package]|
|Saturday||24th June||Golden Jubilee Stakes [Ticket & Package]|
Royal Ascot Ticket Types and Dress Code
Queen Anne Enclosure
The Queen Anne Enclosure (previously known as the Grandstand Enclosure) ticket at Royal Ascot provides similar access facilities to those offered throughout the year. It provides excellent facilities and viewing areas at Ground Level and Lawn Level.
Queen Anne Enclosure customers can watch the Royal Procession and the racing action from the lawns in front of the Grandstand. The Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and track are both within a short walking distance, by crossing the Concourse in the main Grandstand.
There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet - from the bookmakers in the betting ring to the totepool and betting shops in the main Grandstand. Customers in this area do not have access to the upper levels of the Grandstand. Unlike the race meetings outside of Royal Ascot, there is not the opportunity to upgrade your ticket.
Other highlights of a Queen Anne Enclosure ticket include:
- Over 1,000 free seats are available from which to view the racing
- Big Screen TVs on the Plaza Lawn
- Military Band performing in the Parade Ring before the Royal Procession each day
- Traditional sing-along around the Bandstand after racing on each day. Free song books provided
- Food outlets selling a variety of value for money cuisine options.
Queen Anne Enclosure Dress Code
A Queen Anne Enclosure Style Guide was produced for the first time in 2012 and helps to bring to life some examples of the kind of outfits that are expected at Royal Ascot.
Ladies within the main Grandstand enclosure are encouraged to dress in a manner as befits a formal occasion. Ladies are kindly asked to take particular note of the following:
- A hat, headpiece or fascinator should be worn at all times.
- Strapless dresses and tops are not permitted. Please note our definition of strapless necklines include off-the-shoulder, Bardot and one shoulder.
- Trouser suits must be full-length and jumpsuits should fall below the knee. Both must adhere to the neckline regulations above.
- Midriffs must be covered.
- Shorts are not permitted.
Gentlemen within the Queen Anne Enclosure are required to wear a full-length suit with a collared shirt and tie, and kindly asked to take note of the following:
- Jackets and trousers should be of matching colour and pattern.
- A tie should be worn at all times. Bow ties and cravats are not permitted.
- Socks must be worn and should cover the ankle.
- Jeans, chinos and trainers are not permitted.
For both Women and Men: Overseas visitors are welcome to wear the formal National Dress of their country or Service Dress. Please note that fancy dress, novelty and branded/promotional clothing are not allowed on site. Serving military personnel are welcome to wear Service Dress or equivalent.
With a less formal atmosphere, the Windsor Enclosure (previously known as the Silver Ring Enclosure) at Ascot still provides an excellent position to watch the racing and the Royal Procession, although you cannot access the Parade Ring or main Grandstand.
There are a variety of places to eat, drink and bet to soak up the wonderful atmosphere.
Other highlights of a Windsor Enclosure ticket include:
- Over 2,000 free seats available from which to view the racing.
- Big Screen TVs.
- Live music entertainment each day.
- Lawned area with many bars and food outlets.
- You can picnic in the Windsor Enclosure
Many people picnic in the car parks before entering the racecourse and picnics are also allowed into the Windsor Enclosure admission area. Please note picnics may contain a reasonable amount of alcohol as determined by Ascot Racecourse however tables, chairs and gazebos are not permitted in the Windsor Enclosure. Ascot Racecourse reserves the right to confiscate inappropriate picnics and excessive amounts of alcohol upon entry to the racecourse.
Windsor Enclosure Dress Code
Ladies and gentlemen within the Windsor Enclosure are requested to dress in a manner as befits a formal occasion. It is recommended that ladies wear smart attire with a hat or fascinator and gentlemen wear a jacket, shirt and long trousers. Fancy dress, novelty and branded / promotional clothing are not allowed on site.
Royal Ascot Guide - Put the ODDS in Your Favour!
With unbeatable fashion, races and atmosphere, Royal Ascot is a spectacle to enjoy. No matter what your betting style is, this simple guide should get you on track for a great day out.
7 Reasons to Attend the Royal Ascot Race Meeting
7 great resaons to attend the Royal Ascot race meeting this coming summer - Royal Ascot has become synonomous with fashion, pageantry and style and is one of the biggest events on the British social calendar.